[Meeting] 24.07.06
One week earlier than we agreed on, we met to discuss a couple of things.
Clef: Neither Djoerd nor Roeland have really time to go to the Clef-Workshop. It is also not clear whether we are supposed to hold a talk or not. And if we should whether we have to submit a talk summary before. It is also possible that I hold a speach about the technichal details of the (pf-)tijah system - i.e. using algebraic evaluation techniques to find out relevance and scoring attributes. The biggest benefit from me going to Clef is the networking effect (basically seeing to gurus of the field and see what people are working on).
Literature: Djoerd and I aggreed that I should scan literature and try to identify interesting papers. I will post them on this page and we will discuss which are really worth reading. Good sources for literature (=conferences) sofar seem to be the SIGIR and CIVR conferences.
Clef: Neither Djoerd nor Roeland have really time to go to the Clef-Workshop. It is also not clear whether we are supposed to hold a talk or not. And if we should whether we have to submit a talk summary before. It is also possible that I hold a speach about the technichal details of the (pf-)tijah system - i.e. using algebraic evaluation techniques to find out relevance and scoring attributes. The biggest benefit from me going to Clef is the networking effect (basically seeing to gurus of the field and see what people are working on).
Literature: Djoerd and I aggreed that I should scan literature and try to identify interesting papers. I will post them on this page and we will discuss which are really worth reading. Good sources for literature (=conferences) sofar seem to be the SIGIR and CIVR conferences.
0 Comments:
Een reactie posten
<< Home